Pages

27/08/2012

Beach Lane Brambles and Nettles Cut Back - Good Job by Environment Department Staff

Before
Just over a week ago, I wrote to the Environment Department and requested clearance of the core pathway that runs from Beach Lane over the railway footbridge to Grassy Beach. 

I reported that it had become badly obstructed by brambles and nettles which blocked the way to all but the most determined walkers. I also observed that stretches of the path had become muddy.

I am pleased to report that my email and photograph sent to the Environment Department triggered a good strimming of the margins of the path, which is now well and truly cleared. 

I think my 'before' and 'after' photographs tell their own story. 
After

Well done to the staff of the Environment Department for acting so promptly. 

I will continue to press for some action to improve the underfoot conditions, where the Beach Lane path is muddy. 

I am mindful that when the £0.5 million contract work is undertaken to rebuild the raised walkway connecting Grassy Beach and Douglas Terrace, that section of the coastal pathway will be temporarily closed. When that happens, Beach Lane will be the alternative main access route, from central Broughty Ferry, along which pedestrians, joggers and dog walkers will be diverted.