Pages

30/10/2009

Getting Dundee Road B/Ferry On the Map

Residents living at the end of Dundee Road in the Ferry have been having difficulties with deliveries and using their Sat Navs. While many folk in the city wrongly assume that Brook Street extends west beyond its junction with Westfield Road and Saint Stephen's & West Church, this popular misconception has been compounded by Google Maps and many Satellite Navigation systems that show Brook Street extending west up to the railway bridge. Councillor Laurie Bidwell who lives on this stretch of Dundee Road, said:
"I have received residents' complaints about this issue. When I looked up my home address on Google Maps via my post code DD5 1DW, up came a map with Brook Street apparently extending past my front door. No wonder folk seeking directions or making deliveries are confused. To try to sort this out I have contacted Map Insight who produce maps for Google Maps and many Sat Nav sytems to put them right. I trust this correction will soon appear online."